Gammelgården Museum &
Growing Green Hearts Presents:
Little Green Frog Day Camp
Session: August 8 & 12
JOIN US at Gammalgården Museum in Scandia, Minnesota for half day or full day-camps Options for Kindergarden through 5th graders are:
WHAT WE'LL DO:
- Play and laugh with friends through outdoor games, art, nature walks, collecting & categorizing.
- Bring to life Swedish stories and people through drama, projects, gardening, and story times.
- Experience how Swedish immigrants lived with natural systems by doing science activities in and around the Gammalgården Museum’s gardens, buildings, forest, pond, stream and prairie.
- Express ourselves creatively through crafts, engineering design, and artwork which may include kites, solar cooking, paper-making, windmills and more.
- Pack a backpack with a water bottle, hat and sunscreen. Dress for the weather as we will be outside the majority of our camp time. Snacks are provided. Children are to bring their own lunch. Please label all items with your child’s name.
Click here for
Little Green Frog Day Camp Registration
Little Green Frog Day Camp is a partnership between the Gammalgården Museum in Scandia, Minnesota and Growing Green Hearts LLC. Små Grodorna is Swedish for "Little Green Frog" and the name of a song used by Swedes to celebrate summer. In addition to the historically significant Swedish heritage buildings, the 11 acre property includes a stream fed pond, restored prairie, multiple tree species, a heritage garden, and more. The camp fees cover time with highly qualified staff doing hands-on environmental science and history enrich-ment. Project materials, snacks and administrative fees are included.
Call 651-433-5053 for more information
***FREE PARKING AVAILABLE***